Monday, November 16, 2009


My Sugar Bear......Emma Darlene!

Since the day she was born, she has had this special place in my heart...in fact before she was born, I knew there was someone missing in my life. After 4 years of trying, I became pregnant with Emma and knew she was that missing puzzle piece in our family. Others may have given up, but I knew she was still to come.  One day when I was at the store a lady who had stopped to take a peak at my precious baby; bundled in her car seat, she made a comment to me that has always stuck with me. Emma was about 4 months old and the woman said to me "she looks at you with endearing eyes, I don't think I have ever seen a baby look at her mother the way that she looks at you."  Since that day, I have paid close attention to the beautiful eye contact that she has always given to me.  Oh I wish she could tell me all that she knows!!!!

Well, last week Emma now age 3, woke up in her happy cheerful mood, gave me a hug and proceeded to play and start her day....then she says,  "Mommy, I dreamed about you last night." I stopped what I was doing because now she had my attention. I ask her to tell me about her dream and this is what she tells me..............."Mommy, we were walking and you were so tired, so I carried you....I carried you for a long time, you were so tired and could not walk anymore....then I sat down and you slept on my shoulder like a little baby mommy."  I was quite baffled at her dream, if she only knew how many times in my life she has carried me. When  her little smile made my day and her sweet singing helped me to want
to do better and be a good mommy to her. 

My children are truly magnificent people. They amaze me on a daily basis. I know that they love me, their daily hugs and kisses and sweet ways show me on a daily basis that we have a wonderful relationship which I completely cherish.  I am so blessed to be a mother and am so thankful for our tender moments. Then I compare my love to the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and am in total awe at what He must feel for each one of us. I know that He loves me and does carry me and helps me through my trials. I am so thankful for the knowledge that I have of this and all of the other things I know. These things make life on this earth a little easier, makes me want to try a little harder and helps me to smile a little bigger.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment