Friday, March 12, 2010


"Lead Me to the Rock That is Higher Than I"

I have this picture in my home. I still remember the day that my children gave this to me for Mother's Day. John had the kids carry it in, it was almost bigger than them. They were so proud to be giving me such a beautiful picture. The picture has always carried so much meaning to me, especially the quote at the bottom of it...."lead me to the rock that is higher than I."  Only our Father knows what we are truly capable of. Only He knows how much we can handle. He has made a promise to us and that is that we will never be given any trial that we are not capable of handling. Boy, oh boy....sometimes it sure seems like!!! But we need to remind ourselves of that promise and then we will truly be able to see what we are capable of. 

The other important part of this saying is "Lead me"...it does not say show me or point the way....it simply says "Lead me" that is because He will lead us. In the past couple of years I have learned, through trial and error of course, that if we will but let Him be in control of our lives....magical things will happen! All of a sudden we will find ourselves saying a lot more.....I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. For me, examples of this have been: being in the right place at the right time, to help someone, meet someone new, learn something, witness something beautiful, help one of my children or just another opportunity to learn and grow in a way that I had not expected that day! Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to learn how to have the faith of a child. His child.....whom he loves and knows all about! He does not want us to be sad, He has so much in store for us in this life....and sometimes we just need to get out of the drivers seat and let Him show us the way!

I am so thankful for a knowledge of His plan. I know that He loves me! I also know that when we are sad or discouraged or down on ourselves for not doing as well as we could....that those feelings do not come from Him....but rather Satan. Our Heavenly Father would only have us feel love and determination and hope to do better, to try harder and to enjoy all the beautiful and wonderful things in this life!

Life is good....and it is also what we put into it!!! As a man thinketh....so is he! What are your thoughts and actions doing in your life...if you are not happy, then the very first person you must examine inside and out....is YOU!!!!

You have more power than you willl ever know to change and to make this world one in which you embrace and wake up every day saying...WOW....today is going to be a great great day! I can hardly wait for all of the wonderful things that will happen today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment