Sunday, February 22, 2009

Angels Among Us!


When you get a job as a shoe clerk, you notice every ones shoes. When you get a new car, you notice how many others of that same car are out there. When you are trying to get pregnant it seems like everyone you know IS pregnant. Anyways, that is what I do...I obsess, with whatever thing I am currently undertaking. So my RS lessons that I teach I end up doing the same. This month was no different but in a very good way! My lesson was on Angels. So for the past month I have had the opportunity to look at everyone a little differently... a lot differently. Little acts of service or kindness or love to me have been signs of My Heavenly Fathers great love for me. The Errand of Angels, we are either the Angels or the Errand. Of course, we all would rather be the Angels, but each day...whether we would like to admit it or not, we are also the errand! Some errands are very small, a smile at the store from a stranger, a call from a dear friend with a listening ear. And of course, those life changing errands that someone goes far beyond they needed to.
I have been writing in my journal daily for the past year and a half. It all started when I heard the General Conference talk by Henry B. Eyring and the specific way in which he wrote in his journal. That talk spoke directly to my soul and I knew this was what I needed in my life. My journal entries now all start the same way: "I felt Gods hand in my life today when..." So now at the end of each day, I take the time to record the way my life has been blessed. I must admit on those hard days, it can be a real stretch, but I can ALWAYS find something. I am blessed and watched over daily! I have had so many angels in my life and to be able to recognize them for what they are is amazing, these are things that the Lord would do for me if he were here on earth and able to do them himself~How wonderful is that!!!!
There are angels among us...those that love me, help me, pray for me, put up with me, call to check on me, listen to me, walk through trials with me, offer up help to me and bless my life! I wonder if I can keep these rose colored glasses on a little longer and look at all of those that I come in contact with in a new light. Can I look at them as either my Angel or my Errand?
Just think how this little change in our thoughts about others could change so many things in our lives. One of my favorite quotes is "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience." There are so many, many angels around us...signs that we have a loving Father in Heaven who knows our names and what we are going through and is looking to bless us through others or send us on his errand!

2 comments:

  1. I Love you Windy. I don't know what MY life would be without YOU. I feel very blessed to have you for my sister-in-law. We REALLY do need get together for lunch soon. Love your blog... keep it coming! Very inspiring! Love you sis! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the inspirational post! I didn't know you had a blog until I saw it on Laura's blog! Mine is laurieslittleworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete