Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Conversation with a Teen, reading between the Lines


Makayla: "Mom, today at church I learned that we picked who we wanted for our mothers."
Me: "Really and you picked me?"
Makayla: "Yep, because we knew our mothers would be able to help us through what we were going to go through in this life."
Me: "Really and you picked me?"
I was a little surprised by this short conversation, we had while making Sunday dinner. If I am not mistaken, I think this may have been a complement from my 13 year old daughter. I think she was telling me, that she is glad I am her mother.

Oh, to just have a glimpse beyond the veil. What did it look like, smell like, feel like? Who were we there, who did we make promises to? What were a few of things that we wanted to come to this earth to accomplish? Have you ever walked into a room and then tried to remember what it was that you came in there to get! That is what I feel like sometimes...what was it that I came here to do? In a world with so much to do on my list, how will I remember to do what I am supposed to do for that day.

I set the timer each time I bake another batch of cookies or I would never remember they were cooking. I hope that when my timer goes off and says that I am done baking in this rather hot world at times that I will feel done. That I will have all of the ingredients that I need to take with me....

I hope that I am doing what I should be doing, need to be doing and things that are of some eternal importance. That my maker will look into my eyes and know who I am and how hard I have tried, sincerely tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment